|Orcs of Golarion|
|Author(s)||Steve Kenson et al.|
|Publisher||Paizo Publishing, LLC|
Orcs of Golarion, a Pathfinder Player Companion by Steve Kenson, Rob McCreary, Richard Pett, Sean K Reynolds, and JD Wiker, was released in August 2010. It is the first Companion product under the Pathfinder Player Companion brand.
Feel the blood spray and bones crunch as the bestial children of the Darklands come roaring across the landscape, leaving only carnage and lamentation in their wake! Orcs are some of the oldest enemies of civilization, their howling hordes beaten back time and again by the forces of light. Yet in addition to being depraved raiders, orcs are also a civilization unto themselves, with a war-torn history stretching back before the Age of Darkness. In Orcs of Golarion, learn everything you need to know about playing (or vanquishing) one of these savage warriors, as well as the outcast half-orc spawn who straddle the line between the worlds of order and chaos.
This Pathfinder Player Companion includes:
- Details on the orcs of Golarion—their brutish lifestyles, physical qualities, cultural norms and gender roles, governance of warbands, relationship with slavery, and more.
- A history of the orc race, from their desperate flight during the dwarves' legendary Quest for Sky to their dominance during the Age of Darkness and subsequent fall from power.
- An overview of major orc tribes and settlements, such as the Empty Hand tribe in the fallen dwarven stronghold of Urgir and the maddened oracles of the Brimstone Haruspex.
- Orc tribal magic, including the shamanistic worship of the mysterious Blood God and the arcane witch doctors who rule through fear and firepower.
- Information on half-orcs and their unique roles in human and orc society.
- New traits to customize orc and half-orc characters.
- Orc warbeasts, banners and symbols, ritual scarring and tattoos, and more!