Circe is a Maenad Wilder, sent on walkabout to learn control of her volatile emotions. Her dark hair and albaster skin (with crystal flecks embedded) give her a lovely appearance, but the strong range of emotions she radiates can make her uncomfortable to be near. She has just arrived in Phaeselis, and is simulataneously fascinated and terrified by the bustling city.
Circe is a tall humanoid woman with thick dark hair, and pale, oddly glistening skin. She is lovely, but has a lonely look to her. And beneath the loneliness is something brittle on the verge of shattering...any second now. She often creates the simultaneous conflicting reactions of wanting to comfort her,and wanting to run away as fast as possible.
Circe is actually a Maenad, who has been sent on a rite of (S'duriss), a rite of passage to gain control of her turbulent emotions. Volatile, even by Maenad standards, the powerful young woman was sent to interact with the many peoples of Phaesilis, and learn to bring her wild gifts under control... or not return at all.
Mechanically... Circe will start as a Wilder with the Raging Surge. Then move into Thundercaller Bard.
I would like permission to re-fluff her "raging" talent to "Loneliness/Abandonment/Betrayal" Mechanically the same. But less Thog Smash and more like "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned"
N Medium Humanoid (Maenad)Maenad Wilder 1
Senses: Perception +4
AC: 13 (Touch: 10, Flat-Footed: 10) HP: 8 Saves: Fort +0, Refl +3, Will +2
Melee: Flail +1 (d8+1)
Base Attack: +1, CMB: +1, CMD 13
StatsStr 13, Dex 16, Con 11, Int 11, Wis 11, Cha 18
- Intimidate +8 (+1 Rank +3 Class Skill + 4 Cha) - Knowledge Psionics +4 (+1 Rank +3 Class Skill)
- Sense Motive +4 (+1 Rank +3 Class Skill)
- Perception +4 (+1 Rank +3 Class Skill)
Languages Known: Common, Maenad, Elven
- ====Maenad Psionics: Maenad gain the following psi-like ability. 1/day—energy ray. A maenad can deal only sonic damage with this ability. It is accompanied by a tremendous scream of rage. The manifester level is equal to 1/2 Hit Dice (minimum 1st). The DC for this power is equal to 10 + the power's level + the maenad's Charisma modifier.====
- ====Sonic Affinity: Maenads add a +1 to the DC of any spell or power with the sonic descriptor.====
- ====Outburst: Maenads can dampen their mental processes for an increase in raw power called an outburst. As a result, they take a -2 penalty to Intelligence and Wisdom but gain a +2 bonus toStrength. The character must spend one power point at the beginning of each round during an outburst and may stop an outburst at any time.====
- ====Inner Rage: Maenads are able to rage one additional round per day should they have the rage ability and they gain an additional round per day every odd character level. In addition to using these rounds for rage, maenads may use them to fuel their outburst, instead of power points.====
- ====Ordered Rage: Maenads may take levels in the barbarian class even if they are of the lawful alignment.====
- ====Natural Sailors: Maenads have a +2 bonus to Swim and Profession (sailor) checks. In addition, they gain a +2 bonus to Acrobatics and Climb checks made on sailing ships.====